Plant & Herbal Remedies
Nature’s disinfectant. Helps keep your body’s defenses up and helps you breathe easier during cold, flu and allergy season.
Nature’s anti-inflammatory and very detoxifying. Relieves muscle tension and stress after exercise or sports. Promotes circulation to aid with symptoms of arthritis and rheumatism.
Calms nervousness and provides mental and physical stability, which also improves the duration and quality of sleep.
May Chang & Lemon
A dose of “Joie de Vivre” in your life! Lemon awakens and stimulates the body and mind, while May Chang uplifts for a happy mood.
Valerian & Hops
Valerian has been used since medieval times to reduce stress and calm the nerves. Hops is known for its calming qualities, especially at bedtime as a natural sleep aid.
Spruce & Pine
Warmth & Energy
Renews energy and warms the body, especially when suffering from cold hands and feet. Spruce opens the airways and helps with chest congestion, while Pine is stimulating when feeling sluggish.
Joint & Muscle Relief
Ease joint & muscle stiffness, aches and pains. Can help reduce swelling and is beneficial for bruising.
Nourishing and skin conditioning for luxuriously supple skin. High in essential fatty acids and vitamin E for gentle, intense hydration.
Very Dry, Needy Skin
Intense moisture for skin that is very dry, flaky or irritated. Protects and restores skin, reduces redness after waxing and soothes skin after too much sun or allergic reactions.
An emollient oil that is high in essential fatty acids for soft, smooth and supple skin. Revitalizing for all skin types and perfect for a relaxing massage.
Calendula & Rosemary
Ideal for diabetics that suffer from poor circulation or very dry, cracked feet. Calendula hydrates and reconditions skin while Rosemary invigorates and stimulates circulation.
Red Poppy & Hemp
Take the edge off and improve your mood. Red Poppy ease agitation and acts as a mental sedative, while Hemp lets your mind float to a serene place.
A traditional home remedy that is soothing and relaxing for an aching back, tension in the shoulders or neck and headaches.
Mandarin & Orange
Ease tension, stress and calm anxiety. Mandarin opens the mind, allowing you to think clearly, while Orange calms the nerves and uplifts the spirit.
What is Hydrotherapy?
WATER is the solution.
The use of water to revitalize, maintain and restore health. Water works as a natural stimulus on the body. It increases energy, resistance to disease and improves body awareness. Temperature change is essential.
Hydrotherapy is a stimulus-reaction-regulation therapy with the intention of normalising malfunctions by activating and strengthening the powers of the body to heal itself (supporting the internal doctor).
Why color? Color Therapy.
with FDA approved natural food coloring to enhance the psychological experience.
The Importance of Color Therapy
- Also known as "Chromotherapy"
- Colors have a special impact on the body's energy, balance and strengthen it's self-healing forces
- Colors influence our physical, emotional, spiritual and mental states.
- Internal studies at Kneipp® show a significant effect on the body when Kneipp ® Bath Oils contain color.
Cold Arm Bath
- Ideally late morning or early afternoon
- Fill wash basin with cold water (54° - 65°F / 12 - 18°C)
- Immerse your arms until sensation of cold becomes noticeable (approx. 30-40 seconds)
- Keep breathing deeply and regularly
- Take arms out of wash-bowl and wipe water softly off your arms
- Warm arms by putting on clothes or moving around
Effect: Strengthens body's defenses, stimulates circulation, improves blood circulation of myocardial muscle, refreshes in times of weariness and tiredness, soothes elbow pain.
Caution: Never taken an arm-baths when hands are already cold!
- Make sure your feet are warm before trying this treatment
- Starting with your right leg, spread water jet on the outer side upwards (starting at your ankle) and over hollow of the knee. Remain here for 2-3 seconds. Repeat the same just on front of leg and over knee.
- Execute knee-affusion on left leg
- To finish, flush both soles of your feet
- Make sure to get warm after treatment
Effect: Strengthens body's defenses especially of pelvic organs, increased circulation of skin and muscles, decrease of blood pressure, helps calm down, promotes a sound night's sleep.
Caution when suffering kidney and bladder infections!
- Fill tub or large bucket knee-deep with cold water
- Make sure your feet are warm
- March like a stork until sensation of cold appears (after 1-2 minutes)
- Warm up afterwards (put on socks, move around)
Effect: Strengthens the immune system (inurement), helps refresh tired legs, helps with headaches, helps with high blood pressure, helps calm down, promotes a sound night's sleep.
Use this treatment with caution when suffering acute bladder and kidney diseases or acute alvus infections
Cold Leg Compress
- Wet linen cloth (water temperature 65°F / 18°C), wring out slightly, wrap around calf smoothly; cover with large cotton cloth and top off with small wool cloth.
- Rest for 15-20 minutes, If fever is present, change compress as soon as it feels warm
Effect: Cools off skin, helps with high blood pressure, soothes venous inflammation, helps with bruises, helps when feeling nervous, promotes falling asleep and a sound night's sleep.